“The Kocoatrait Madras Collection” Eco Friendly Zero Waste Inclusive Gift Box
Presenting to you The Madras Collection, a Sustainable and Inclusive Bean to Bar Zero waste chocolate gift Box! We have curated a limited availability/edition set of 9 exquisite flavoured bars inspired by flavours of Tamilnadu. Flavours Include:
- Sukku Malli Kaapi (a concoction of herbs and spices)
- Filter Coffee (traditional milk based coffee drink)
- Kozhukkattai (traditional south indian sweet dumpling)
- Malligai (Jasmine)
- Sarkarai Pongal (South Indian sweet festive dish made with rice, moong lentils, ghee, jaggery or sugar, cardamoms and nuts)
- Mor Miligai (green chilli which is marinated in yogurt and sun-dried)
- Panai Sarkarai (Palm Sugar)
- Panakam (traditional cooling drink made with jaggery, water & cardamom powder)
- Paneer Roja (a specific rose variety used to make rose petal preserve and rose water).
The individual chocolate bars come wrapped in our signature and eco-friendly upcycled cocoa shell material. The wrappers are printed using water based ink at our partner institute V-excel education trust which supports the inclusion of citizens with special needs and trains them on various skills (energy efficient screen printing in our case). We have also printed a few artworks made by differently abled artists on the inside of the wrapper. The inside of the wrapper additionally has prints of poses of traditional art forms like Bharatanatyam and pictures of instruments used in traditional south Indian music. Consumers are encouraged to engage with us on social media using these prints. The 9 chocolate bars are housed in a palm leaf based reusable box making it a truly zero waste gift pack! These make it 9 sustainability stories of madras in a box! Aiming for a Eco friendly Zero Waste gifts means evaluating carefully about what we give and receive, along with choosing purchases that are useful, reusable, compostable and recyclable. Being sustainable and ethical in addition adds to the brownie points! Achieving zero waste is all about minimising your carbon footprint by limiting the amount of waste one produces. Selecting a wrong Eco Friendly Zero Waste Gift can easily conflict with the ethics of those trying to lead a waste free lifestyle.
Being sensitive and planet friendly while gifting was never this easy. With all the plastic and paper that gifts generate, Kocoatrait offers a eco/planet friendly sustainable gift box with the following details:
- 9 Kocoatrait Sustainable Zero Waste chocolates made using organic Indian cacao beans with intriguing flavours.
- For the 1st time ever, each chocolate bar pays a tribute to a madras based sustainability effort/initiative on the front of the pack. This discovery series help you appreciate the efforts invested into making madras a more lovable and livable city.
- Chocolate wrappers are Up-cycled using reclaimed cotton and Cacao shells that we generate during roasting or beans.
- Printing of chocolate wrappers done at V-Excel Educational Trust, Chennai which aims to support the inclusion of individuals with special needs.
- Eco Friendly Water based inks used in the printing. No additional branding/printing is done on the outer boxes.
- Housed in a specially designed sustainable and reusable palm leaf box made by M.Rm.Rm Foundation, Chennai which helps and includes traditional crafts women in rural Tamilnadu find their place in the economic mainstream.
- Wrapped in recyclable paper bubble wrap (if required)
- Metal clips are not used.
- Eco friendly Paper tapes used for packaging. No plastic tapes used!
- Shipped across India using Bluedart Overnight service and No Contact Delivery.
In addition and importantly, we have dedicated space on the front of the wrappers to 9 sustainability initiatives in various spheres. They include the initiatives below originating in Madras:
- Arture: Sustainable and vegan accessories with 100% plant-based materials.
- M.Rm.Rm Cultural Foundation: Sustainable palm leaf based craft initiatives.
- Papermelon: Sustainable jewellery and decor handicrafts from up cycled paper.
- Solar Suresh: An individual who lives a sustainable lifestyle off (without connecting) to the grid!
- Sanah Sharma: Makers of thoughtfully crafted, intelligently designed fashion with a high sustainability index.
- Reign Over Water: A showcase of the Rain Water Harvesting and Water Management initiatives by Prabha and Harsha Koda.
- Aeshaane: Slow fashion, zero waste brand creating silk scarves and accessories in a completely natural environment without harming the silk worms.
- Arodhi: Conciously made bespoke designer wear.
- ReLove Closet: Curated collection of preloved & luxury treasures.
Whats more, these can be gifted to your loved ones and family across india at the click of a button! This can be ordered from across the world and we ship throughout India overnight, insulated using reusable and non toxic ice packs. Embracing zero waste has never been this easy and so simple! Corporates can also connect with us to discuss employee engagement and team building ideas.
For other Zero waste gift ideas click: https://zerowastenerd.com/01-zero-waste-gift-ideas